Selecting the right thermal control unit for an industrial process application can be daunting prospect.
There are several important parameters of the fluid property, which play role in selecting the system. The main ones include:
- Vapour pressure at the high end of the fluids temperature range
- Specific heat and density of the fluid over the full temperature operating range
- Mass balance between cold and hot loops
- Viscosity and the pumps performance ability when operating at the low end of the range
- Reduction in total cost of operations
- Available of suitable supplier technical support: Applying a safe Boiling Point Safety Margin
It is critical to manage heat transfer between the two interconnected systems. The rate of heat transfer from reactor to the fluid in the jacket of the reactor depends on flow rate of the heat transfer fluid, temperature difference between the fluid and reaction mass, and properties of the fluid.
This fluid then exchanges the heat with steam or other cooling fluids in the heat exchangers of the single fluid system. These heat exchanges should be sized considering the heat transfer rate for the reactors. Since the system is a closed loop system, expansion tanks are to be provided to take care of density variation of the heat transfer fluid at high and low temperature to ensure the system is always flooded but not over-pressurised.
Sunrax Process Technologies are a company that has won favour with many clients across different industrial sectors because of their extensive process knowledge of complex single fluid heat transfer systems (SFHTS's). The team at Sunrax provide a turnkey service covering all aspects of SFHTS from design to commissioning to exacting standards and international specifications. The most common fluids used with such systems include;
- Puried water
- Glycol solutions
- Synthetic organic uids
- Silicone uids
For further information, please contact the Sunrax technical team on +91 40 2309 5259